Diamond Cleaning Guide
When you have a piece of diamond jewellery that you love, keeping it looking its best is paramount - an ongoing diamond cleaning routine will ensure that!
Diamonds are natural magnets for grease, dirt and grime so it’s important to keep your diamond jewellery clean. When a diamond is handled, oils from your fingers adhere to the diamond’s surface and affect its brilliance and shine.
Whether it is your diamond engagement ring or a cherished set of diamond earrings, it's important that you follow our jewellery care guide. While these pieces don't need a whole lot of attention, a little tender loving care can make all the difference.
Jump to a section below by clicking the links or check out our video to find out where to start.
Diamond Cleaning Overview:
- How to clean diamond rings
- How to clean diamond earrings
- Diamond cleaning products
- Diamond wearing tips
How To Clean Diamond Rings
When it comes to cleaning diamond rings, regular short cleans are great for ensuring you're not overdoing it. By cleaning your diamond jewellery every two to four weeks, you can prevent the gradual build-up of dirt and grime. A gentle approach will produce the best results.
- The first and easiest way to clean a diamond is to soak it in a gentle degreasing solution, such as water with a few drops of mild dish soap, once or twice a week.
Once it leaves the water you can scrub it with a soft, clean toothbrush to remove any remaining dirt.
The toothbrush should be new and reserved exclusively for cleaning your jewellery.
Toothbrushes are perfect for hard-to-reach places like the back of your diamond which tend to collect the most grime.
- Gently dry your ring with a soft cloth and be careful not to press too hard or bend any prongs.
How To Clean Diamond Earrings
Diamond earrings can be cleaned using the same method as diamond rings. Please make sure that you:
- Never use hot water to clean your diamond earrings.
- Make sure any plugs are stopped if you’re doing this by a sink!
- Get into as many of the crevices as you can.
- Rinse the residue off and dry them with a soft cloth.
Diamond Cleaning Systems
If you would like a slightly more professional method, our diamond cleaning and jewellery cleaning cloth products are the way to go. These pieces clean your diamonds using ultrasonic waves and a range of high-quality cleaning fluids. The cleaning machine creates microscopic bubbles that remove all of that yucky stuff from your jewellery. Check out our range below.
Diamond Wearing Tips
Keeping your diamond jewellery clean depends on how you apply the following tips:
- Remove your diamonds when swimming, bathing, and cleaning.
- Be aware that sunscreen, makeup and chemicals can affect your diamond jewellery.
- Keep your diamonds away from sand and dust.
- Other diamonds can scratch your diamond so be aware of where you keep your jewellery.